Coconut & Peach Oatmeal


After discovering my amazing oatmeal a couple of months ago, I became a little addicted. I probably eat oatmeal like this at least 5 days out of 7 since then. It's even that bad that when I saw oats on sale (35% off!), I bought 4 kilograms.. And I've eaten more than half of it already. Oops.


One day, I ran out of apples and my mind went a little crazy. Oh no, what do I do now? I've eaten banana oatmeal with chocolate before and although I'm a huge chocolate fan, I wasn't really a fan of that. And then I found a peach in the fridge. While I was preparing my oatmeal I looked at my peach and thought, hmm, maybe coconut is nice with this. I know, I know, I'm a genius sometimes. I thank myself for it too (cough cough).


Well, turns out I have a new favourite way to eat oatmeal. I still add in my banana - it makes it the most amazing meal of the day - but it's a nice change after all those months of eating apple and raisins. And definitely summerish (yes, that word exists). I love both nectarine and peach with this, although I'm generally a bigger fan of nectarine. Oh well, I'm just an oatmeal freak, as if I care!

Ingredients
for 1 serving size
  • 1 banana
  • 1 peach
  • 4 - 6 tablespoons oats
  • 200 ml milk - I use unsweetened almondmilk, coconut milk is really nice too!
  • 10 - 15 grams shredded coconut
Start by mashing the banana in a bowl. Once that is done completely, add in the oats and the milk and mix until everything is combined. Microwave at 750 - 800 Watt for 3 minutes.

When the oats are in the microwave, cut up the peach in small pieces. I use about 3/4 of a peach, but it depends on how much fruit you like to have.

Once the oatmeal is done, take it out of the microwave and stir through carefully. Mix through the peach and the shredded coconut and voila, your oatmeal is done! Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment