Bikini Body Guide by Kayla Itsines


If you haven't yet noticed from my last too happy-posts, Spring is in full swing and it looks like Summer is already trying to steal its spot! I'm verrrrrrrry excited for warm weather and shorts. Last year I didn't spend enough time in my bikini to my liking, so I'm going to do everything I can to change that! Although I love the picture above and strongly believe that's exactly the truth, I'm guilty of wanting to look like the VS models. If you know me in person, you probably know I love a good work out! When I broke my elbow and couldn't do any sport for several weeks, I died a little. In my opinion: the more exhausting, the better. I love giving everything I have and being completely dead afterwards.




The Bikini Body Guide by Kayla Itsines is exactly that! First things first: Kayla Itsines is an Australian personal trainer with an amazing body herself. She created this guide for girls & women from 16 to 40 years old, but anyone who wants to do it, can! It's a 12 week guide with 3 workouts per week. On monday, you do legs and cardio. Wednesday is arms and abs & friday is the full body workout! The amount of exercise changes over the weeks. Almost every week is different and the programme becomes heavier over time. Next to the workouts in the guide, you need to do both LISS - low intensity - and HIIT - high intensity - workouts. A perfect form of LISS is power walking! The frequency of the LISS and HIIT workouts also increase over the weeks. You should be active every single day, but the 'real' workouts are only 3 times a week!

an example of one week!

Something more about the workouts: they are hard. I thought I was quite fit already, but that was until I tried the workouts. Every workout consists of 2 circuits, and only takes 28 minutes, which is amazing! Even if you don't have a huge amount of time, these workouts are perfect. As I said, there are 2 circuits in each workout. What you have to do is workout for 7 minutes, 4 times. Got it? 4 x 7 = 28 minutes! To make it clear: you have to go through circuit 1 for 7 minutes, then circuit 2 for 7 minutes and then all over again! I can usually perform a circuit twice in 7 minutes. After 7 minutes you can rest, drink some water and wipe off your sweat (reality check here!). For optimal results, try to workout for 7 minutes straight and don't take a break during the circuit. Do it at your own speed, but don't give up.


The results you can get with this guide are amazing! I'm currently at week 4 and I feel some baby abs growing. Obviously, eating healthy and nutritious is crucial for seeing changes as well. To be honest, my eating habits haven't been the best the past couple of weeks! I'll just blame the Easter eggs for that. I previously did the guide and was already at week 6, but then I broke my elbow. I still cannot perform the arm exercises so my Spongebob arms aren't going to get any muscles, but I make modifications whenever I need to!

Kayla herself

Now what is the thing with this guide? Well, it's not for free. You can buy it online for $69.97, which is around €66. I know, it's not cheap and definitely not for a student. But you know what? It works. It's an amazing guide for when you are serious about your health or when you're a fan of heavy workouts with results! I urge you to at least think about, because I am completely in love.

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

2 reactions:

  1. Congrats on starting the program, girl! I've been thinking about it for a little while, so I've been looking all over for reviews. I'm glad to see you're enjoying it so far (hard as it might be)! Keep up the awesome work; I hope to hear more of your progress in the future! (And thanks for the example of one week -- I kept hearing people talking about these "circuits" without having any understanding of what on earth a "circuit" is, haha.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! If you are thinking about it, go for it! You won't regret it :) I'm in love with it, just because it's so challenging. You definitely see the changes too! Haha you're welcome, it's a little confusing indeed.

      Delete