Dear Santa..



It’s that time of the year again. Or as the English would say: ‘tis the season to be jolly. The holidays are upon us! Here in Belgium, we don’t really believe in the story of Santa bringing us gifts overnight. However, we do have someone elso who does that, and he’s actually coming in 2 days! Yes you guessed right, I’m talking about Sinterklaas. He’s the one who gets through the chimney in Belgium and gives presents to the children who have been good all year. I’ve been keeping my eyes out for things I’d love to receive these holidays, so if you’re in need of some inspiration, I got you covered!



When I was in Rotterdam a couple of weeks ago, we stopped by the Rituals (as if we don't have it in Antwerp, oops) and they had some gorgeous scented candles on display. Of course, I had to smell them all and I fell in love! They don't just look good, they smell amazing as well. There was one I loved most of all, but I can't remember which one it was. I do remember it was a white one, so that is why I linked this one. But that honestly doesn't even matter because they were all really nice. They are €27,50 but Rituals claims they burn 60 hours so that's worth the price! 


Another item I discovered in Rotterdam: this beanie from Barts! It's a Dutch brand and they make the most gorgeous scarves, mitts and hats. This one is heather gray, but it honestly looks better in real life. It looks a little grey-blue, which I really love! The inside has a fleece lining, which is A) great to keep you warm and B) not itching at all! It is €22,99 which I think is very reasonable for a good quality beanie. 


I'm finally going to ski again next year! The first week of February you'll find me in Chamrousse, in France. I'll be a happy girl when I'm on the slopes. I didn't go skiing last year because of my broken elbow, but I did go the year before that. The temperature at the highest slope was -16°, and I didn't have a buff. I almost froze my face off. Since I want to be prepared this time, I thought I could use a buff! I was browsing the official Buff site and I found this one. I really liked the fact that this is cuter than the original one. Functional and pretty? Yes please! This one is €43,50, which is definitely not the cheapest. 


Last but not least: this face wash from Lush. It has cinnamon in it, so I was pretty much sold when I heard that. Oh, and it also has little chunks of popcorn in it! I asked this one for Christmas 2 years ago and really liked it. It really cleans my face without being too harsh. I don't use it every single night as I have sensitive skin, but every other day was good enough. It's only available in the holiday collection, so I plan on asking the same thing this year! It's €9,90 for 100 grams. It's not cheap, but a little goes a long way, trust me! 


I absolutely love drinking tea. I can easily drink 6 cups a day and the only reason I don't drink more is because I don't allow myself to do so. The exams are approaching and I already know that soon I will be drinking my 6 cups. Now I'm living on a kot and have to do my own dishes, I feel like I'm in need of another mug, even though I already have 5 mugs here (and an awful lot more at home). You never know when the need of tea is high and you don't have any mugs left! We can't let that happen, right? I've been eyeing the Starbucks Christmas mugs for a while now. I really wanted one last year, but they were all sold out before I could get my hands on them. That's not going to be the case this year! My favourite is this cute reindeer mug, which is sold for €13.95.

Even though everyone says a little black dress is a must have for every woman, I feel like that rule also applies to having a little black bag. I bought one from H&M last summer and although I loved it a lot, the closing button broke - which isn't a surprise, as it was only €15. I've been looking for a new bag that is sturdier, can carry a lot of stuff and is cute. Quite a project, if I may say so. I saw a gorgeous little bag on a market this summer, made by Daphny Raes. The only thing holding me back was the price: €149. I decided not to buy it and to think about it some more. A decision I'm now majorly regretting of course. Although I'm willing to invest in a bag, €149 isn't an amount I spend on a whim so I still haven't bought it. But putting it on my Christmas list never hurts, right?

Picture sources: x, x, xxxx

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment