Ultimate Chocolate Muffins


Well hello there! First and foremost: a happy new year! I hope all your dreams may come true this year. To say that it has been a while since I posted something, is quite an understatement. Since I didn't have the time to write proper posts or bake anything, I decided it would be better to leave some radio silence! I must admit: it's been ridiculously long. Good thing my new layout doesn't say what date the posts went online, so you don't know if I posted it yesterday or 3 weeks ago. Still working on my layout too by the way! Maybe it wasn't the smartest idea to change my layout right before I had to start studying for my exams..



But enough with the talking, let's talk about these muffins! I first made these about 4 to 5 years ago. Ever since, they have been a no-fail recipe that I make once every couple of months. I think these might have been the ones that kicked off my passion for baking! I remember making about 40 of these for my 17th birthday to give to everyone in my class. Ahh, those good old times when people gave you food when it was their birthday. They should invent something like that at university too!


But since that sadly isn't the case anymore, I just bake things whenever I can. I celebrated New Year's Eve by having dinner with some friends and couldn't resist the opportunity to bake something. Since I know I can't do anything wrong with chocolate and because these babies weren't on the blog yet, I decided I had to make these! If you are ever in need of much chocolate, geve these a go. I decided to make them nice and big, so the recipe gives you 12 rather big muffins. If you make them a little smaller (aka normal), you can easily make 6 more!


I must admit these are quite heavy. But what do you want? An airy chocolate muffin? No. Those things shouldn't exist. This muffin is rich, moist and filled with chocolate. The original recipe calls for chocolate chips, but I prefer to melt the chocolate so the muffins are even richer. I never actually tried putting in chocolate chips, so I might have to try that the next time. But I am convinced that whatever you try, these will be just as amazing!

Ingredients
for 12 - 18 muffins

  • 200 grams butter
  • 200 grams all-purpose flour
  • 200 grams brown sugar
  • 1 pack vanilla sugar (8 grams)
  • 4 eggs
  • 30 grams cacao powder
  • 100 grams chocolate or chocolate chips. 
Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F. 

In a bowl, mix the vanilla sugar, brown sugar and the butter until you get a creamy mixture. Once you reach that consistency, add in the eggs one by one.

When everything is mixed properly, add the flour gradually. Don't do it at once because it could give you a lot of lumps you don't want! 

Right now, you can either choose to melt your chocolate -in the microwave or au bain marie- or just put the chocolate chips in like that. Add the cacao too and mix until you get a nice mixture. 

Line a muffin tin with paper liners and fill up every one of them. You can either choose to fill them up till 2/3rd so you get normal muffins or full them completely to get giant muffins.

Put them in the oven for about 20 minutes. Keep an eye on them! Let them cool completely and enjoy!

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

1 reactions:

  1. Ziet er super lekker uit! Ik hou van chocolade muffins, dus dit is zeker het proberen waard!

    ReplyDelete