Single Serving Chocolate Cookies


Okay, so this recipe wasn't exactly planned to go up today, but sometimes things in life do not turn out the way you want them. Not dramatically by the way, but let me explain: I wanted to bake some delicious muffins Tuesday after class, but soon realized we didn't have enough eggs to make them. No biggie, I went to the grocery store today and picked some up. I was really excited to try this recipe, so when I grabbed all the ingredients I needed, I noticed one single ingredient was missing: an apple. And there was no way I wanted to go back to the grocery store - I'm a little stubborn sometimes. SO I've got this amazing recipe instead.


Don't worry, the recipe is definitely coming online but I postponed it to next week, in the hope that I'll have everything I need by then. You know what, it's not even a difficult recipe with a lot of hard to find ingredients. It doens't even have that many ingredients! But for some reason, it wasn't my week, baking-wise. And since I was craving something sweet, I made this recipe! Let's be honest, I am not creative enough to invent an amazing recipe like this, so I thank Instagram for people that are and I just make their recipes. The truth is out.


But because I want to give credit to the girl who actually deserves it, this recipe comes from Clean Eats Charlotte. She's an amazing British law student (woohoo!) and is really passionate about healthy food. She has the most amazing recipe for healthy sweets. This recipe normally makes 3 quite large cookies, perfect when you want something sweet but baking an entire batch is too dangerous because you know you'll eat them all. Yup, sounds like me too.


So while I was preparing the dough, my mom came in - very interested - and didn't like the idea of only 3 cookies, so she suggested I make multiple small ones. And since I'm such a good daughter, I listened. The only thing is that I baked them a little too long so they are a tad dry. I don't really mind because they're still very delicious, but next time I won't put them in the oven for such a long time. I know you are craving these right now, so get off your bottom and go make these. It takes only ten minutes!

Ingredients
for 3 large or approximately 12 small cookies - recipe by Clean Eats Charlotte
  • 1 egg
  • 1 heaping tablespoon rolled oats
  • 4 heaping tablespoons ground almonds
  • 1 tablespoon cacao powder
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Preheat your oven to 175°C/350°F. Mix all of the ingredients together. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and with the help of 2 spoons, make small cookies (or large, if you prefer).

When you made large cookies, bake them for 12 minutes. If you went with small cookies like me, I'd go for 8 minutes. Check to see if they're done and let them cool. Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment