Galetten


My exams are over! Which means I finally have time to bake again. But since I will go on holiday soon (hola Madrid!), I dedicated my entire Wednesday afternoon to baking! I made two things, the next recipe will be up next Friday! So I had been craving waffles a couple of days ago and told my mom about it. While I was looking through my cookbooks for some inspiration, my mom reminded me of my craving for waffles! So I decided to make some.




I decided to go for 'galetten'! They're very crispy , but the inside is still a little soft. Delicious! I had never made mini waffles before and it worked like a charm. The dough itself is really easy, but it has to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. It also takes about 20 minutes to make them, since you have to put them in a waffle maker. I personally don't mind now I have time, but it's a perfect recipe for a Sunday afternoon.


These are also perfect as a gift. People think you spent the entire day making them, while it's actually not that much work. They're best the day you make them, because they're still a little soft inside. It are very crispy waffles (that is what galetten are), so if you're not into very crispy waffles you have to eat them fast. Not that it's so hard to do...


Don't be scared to make this! I never made waffles before because it always looked like a lot of work, but that's really not the case. You do need to bake these whereas other things can be put in the oven, but it's not like it takes a huge amount of time. What's 20 minutes, right?

Ingredients
for approximately 23 waffles (or galetten)

  • 100 grams butter
  • 200 grams pastry flour
  • 150 grams light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch of salt
Mix the butter and sugar very thoroughly, until it is nice and creamy. Beat through the egg until you have a nixe mixture.

Add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix everything through until you have a firm dough. Put the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes, so it can cool.

Heat up your waffle maker and add some oil on to the plates. Roll little balls out of the dough and put them in the waffle maker. If you have several plates for your waffle maker, use the one with the smallest dough holes. If you don't like me, you can probably add up to 4 balls. 

Let them cook fully and transfer them to let them cool. Keep continuing that process and let everything cool completely before you eat them! Enjoy!

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment