Travel destinations on my wish list


By the time this post goes up, I'll be strolling through Madrid discovering the city! As you may have noticed from my New Year's Resolutions post, I want to get away. And although I really can't complain about all the travelling I have already done, there are some things that are still on my to do-list. So if you're still thinking about places you want to go, this might help you!

Reykjavik, Iceland
Iceland is a volcanic island with several hot springs. I would love to visit the entire country, but Reykjavik is definitely on my bucket list! There are lots of colourful houses in the city, and the entire city centre is very pretty. What attracts me is that Reykjavik isn't filled with sky high buildings and ugly office buildings. The average temperature in July is 15°C, so that is definitely the period I would go.

ABC - islands
Aruba, Bonaire & Curaçao. They are all part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, which is very convenient language-wise. These 3 are definitely on my to do-list, just because of the azul water and the gorgeous sea life. I would like to visit the entire Caribbean area, but I've read a lot of good things about these islands. I can perfectly imagine myself lying on a beach there right now...


Table Mountain, Cape Town (South Africa)
South Africa is a country I definitely want to visit, and not just Cape Town. One thing that is a must see when I'll ever go there is the Table Mountain. I'm not the biggest fan of walking in the mountains, but I have no problem with hiking up this mountain! The view from the top is just breath taking. The Table Mountain is part of the Table Mountain National Park, which I certainly want to pay a visit. There might be another reason why I want to visit South Africa. A friend of mine went there a couple of years ago and went bungee jumping. Now if there is something I really badly want to do, it's that. Not that I have the guts for it, but that's on the top of my bucket list!


Thailand
My best friend went to Thailand a couple of years ago and her pictures make me extremely jealous. The nature is so gorgeous! The Asian culture is also very different from ours, which really interests me. And I cannot get over the temples. They are so impressive! How crazy is it that those were built by humans, so many years ago without the equipment we have today. They're already intimidating in pictures, I can only imagine what that must be in real life.


Niagara Falls
These are the biggest waterfalls in the world, consisting of 3 parts: the Horseshoe Falls, the American Falls and the Bridal Veil Falls. I don't know what it is about these, but they are intriguing. These are a wonder of nature! They are on the border of Canada and the US, with the Horseshoe Falls being the biggest of the three. Apparantly, they were formed when glaciers receded at the end of the last ice age. How cool is that? It is so extraordinary that I just have to visit it once in my life.


Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Last but not least: Rio. And more precisely: carnival in Rio. Probably the most famous carnival in the world and there is a reason for that. In Belgium, carnival isn't really the biggest event. There is one city that has a big parade, but I would love to feel the vibe in a country where they live for carnival. The Jesus statue is also something I once want to see in real life, so that is a perfect combo!

These destinations are all rather expensive, so I don't think I can change my list in 10 years. But they are all places I really want to visit someday, so I know what to work for!
picture source: Google

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment