Tanned Blondies


It's time for another recipe! If you were frowning when reading the title, I don't blame you. The actual title for the recipe is blondies, but mine looked more like brown blondies, so I decided to adapt the title! This recipe is from Chocolate Covered Katie and they're actually chickpea blondies. Yup, another healthy recipe! I have exams right now and I love making something delicious, that is still a little nutritious. These blondies fit the bill!


You probably already realized I like to healthify my desserts from time to time. Last year, I tried an avocado brownie recipe which I really liked, so it was time to be adventurous again! You don't need a lot of ingredients, which is always a plus. The main ingredient? Chickpeas, obviously! I like chickpeas on their own, but I was very curious how this would turn out. Well, here's the thing: you can't taste them! My blondies are a little grainy because I'm an impatient little kid, but if you give your ingredients the time to blend together properly, they will be smooth like they should be! 


I'm the only one eating these at home, so I was afraid they would dry out before I even ate half of it. You can probably imagine how happy I was when even my last piece was still delicious! I don't know if it's because of the chickpeas, but these were moist until the end, exactly like real blondies. The chocolate chips are completely optional by the way, but please don't leave them out. Don't ever leave the chocolate out. Chocolate just makes everything better!


If you don't have a proper food processor, you could probably use hummus for this recipe too! The only thing is that most of the time they contain a lot of extra ingredients which might not make them fit to use. If you can find a natural hummus, I would definitely advise using that one! It definitely makes this recipe easier. We have a really small and old food processor, so it wasn't strong enough to properly blend the chickpeas. I mashed them with a fork and I honestly didn't mind my blondies to be a little grainy, but if you do, that are some tips! 

Ingredients
For approximately 12 servings
  • 250 grams chickpeas or white beans, drained and rinsed 
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • a pinch of salt
  • 20 grams oats or ground flax
  • 65 grams nut butter
  • approximately 100 grams chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F. 

Blend all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips in a food processor until very smooth. I was too impatient, so my chickpeas weren't blended fully. I didn't mind, but if it is very smooth, it looks more like actual blondies!

Mix in the chocolate chips and scoop into a greased pan. Bake for around 30 minutes.

Let cool completely before you eat them! They firm up as they cool. Add some ice cream and enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment