Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies


Remember my Tinsel review? I tried their cheesecake brownie and loved it! I like a brownie from time to time, but I often think it's too overpowering and heavy. I love that the cream cheese neutralizes the heaviness and makes it a little fresher! I was looking for delicious things to make and suddenly thought that cheesecake brownies would be perfect.

I was browsing the internet for some recipe inspiration and I saw that there were a lot of recipes that added raspberries. When I saw that, doing the same was inevitable. I mean, raspberries make everything better. And just think about cheesecake & raspberries? Oh boy! A whole while back, I made a cheesecake with cherries which was delicious, so that couldn't be any different with this recipe.


I'm not going to lie: it's quite some work and definitely cleaning up afterwards isn't the most fun. Since there are 2 layers, you'll be needing two bowls, meaning more stuff to clean up later. If you have some free time and if you want to make everyone around you love you, this is the recipe to go for though. I don't mind spending a lot of time in the kitchen as it flies by, and I can honestly say this recipe is so worth it.


I do recommend finding some victims to share these brownies with, as they're too tempting not to eat. One piece is definitely enough for me, so don't go for that second serving. Trust me, you'll regret it. It's better to save the second piece for the next day, because 1) not nauseous 2) dessert every day! Let me know whether you liked it if you make it, because I'm 99.9% sure you will!

Ingredients
for approximately 25 - 30 brownies

  • 200 grams dark chocolate
  • 200 grams softened butter
  • 250 + 150 grams caster sugar
  • 5 eggs
  • 110 grams all-purpose flour
  • 400 grams cream cheese (e.g. Philadelphia)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 120 grams frozen raspberries
Melt the chocolate au bain-marie or in the microwave and let cool a little. 

In a bowl, mix the butter with 250 grams of the sugar until you reach a creamy mixture. Add 3 eggs, one by one. Be sure that each egg is mixed in completely before mixing in the next one. Stir through the molten chocolate and lastly, carefully stir in the flour.

In another bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 2 eggs, 150 grams sugar and the vanilla extract. Preheat the oven to 170°C.

Grease a browning tin with some butter and cover with some parchment paper so it's easier to get the brownies out later. Pour the brownie mixture in and spread evenly. When that is done completely, pour in the cream cheese mixture and spread evenly as well. Add the raspberries on top. 

Bake the brownies for 40 - 45 minutes. They're done when the upper layer doesn't stick to your fingers - but be careful when trying out! Let them cool completely and let chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment