TASTE TEST | Albert Heijn Oatmeal


As you probably already know, I love my oatmeal. I eat it everyday if I have the time and I'm usually a little (aka very) sad whenever I don't have time or ingredients. While I was at Albert Heijn to pick up my favourite oats - AH Basic Oatmeal - I came across something new. Instant oats! I often buy little pots like these on the plane when I'm travelling (go Ryanair!) but I hadn't seen them in any supermarkets. Of course I had to try these out!

There were several different flavours, but I decided to go for maple & pecan because it didn't have any added sugars accept for the maple and I'm just a huge maple syrup fan! The directions are on the side. On the go or at home, there are 2 options. Although I ate mine at home, I went with the on the go-method. It's nice that they added two options though!


The inside! I was a little skeptical since there's so much powder in there, but I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. The ingredients aren't all too crazy, which I really like. Breakfast is the best meal of the day and if you think you're nourishing your body with some oatmeal but it's actualy filled with nasty chemicals, I'm not a fan. This is a plus!


The cover has a stripe that marks until where to add the water! I think that's really convenient. They added a variation tip as well, to add in some extra nuts or seems.  You can see some small chunks of pecan when you open up the pot, but if you're like me and you're a fan of texture, adding something else would be nice! I didn't do it this time, but I think I would next time.


All done! Add water, stir and let it stand for 2 minutes. Breakfast can't get easier! As you can see, there's some texture in there. The chunks of pecan are nice, but I think I would add in some extra because they're rather small. The taste is good, but not too exciting. If you make oatmeal yourself, the taste is obviously better but overall, I'm a fan!  I think some extra nuts or maybe some fruit would make this even better.

I like it for days when I'm on the go or when I don't have time to make my own oatmeal, but I'll stick to my own oatmeal when I have the time!

These oats can be bought at Albert Heijn for €0.85 per pot!

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment