Zucchini pizza


After a long time, it's time for another recipe! And not just a regular recipe, no, for once it's a dinner recipe. I've had moments before where I cooked something and people around me said 'you should share it on your blog', but I always said no. Why? I wanted my blog to be about baking (hence the title) and not cooking! And I honestly love baking a whole lot more than cooking. But I've been living on my own since September, which means A) I have less time to bake, and B) I need to cook for myself!



Cooking for myself is more fun than I thought! I've gotten pretty good at getting in my veggies and cooking something fresh for myself every single day (although I ate pasta every day this week, but shht). The only thing I still have a problem with, is going to the store. You could probably best describe me as an unchaperoned child in a candy store. Yep. I always end up buying a ton of food that looks nice (also a lot of veggies, don't worry mom), so at the end of the week, I'm faced with a lot of things that have to be eaten. That's also how this recipe was created!


I had a zucchini in my fridge that I didn't really know what to do with, I had some pesto and I had some pasta sauce. The pesto was quickly eliminated, because neither of the combinations looked appealing to me. But zucchini and pasta sauce? That could work! I always have cheese in my fridge too, because you never know when you might need it. Oh, and always 2 kinds: parmesan cheese & grated emmental. Choosing isn't possible. Zucchini + pasta sauce + cheese? Kinda looks like a healthy pizza! You could always add some salami or anything else if you like, but this is basic, budget proof and easy.

Isn't this cute? My mom bought it for me!

I would recommend cooking the zucchini in the oven first, so it gets a little softer. I didn't do it myself and it was still delicious, but it was a little hard. I love that you don't need a lot of ingredients for this recipe, but it is very filling and it looks fancy as well! If you use an entire zucchini, this recipe will feed 2 people - or can be eaten both for lunch and dinner, as I did. Please let me know whether you like recipes like these, so I know if I can do them more often or not!

Ingredients
for 2 people (or 2 servings)

  • 1 zucchini
  • olive oil
  • 150 - 200 grams pasta sauce, I bought the pre made one 
  • cheese to your liking, I used both parmesan and emmental
  • toppings (optional)
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Cut the zucchini in 4 pieces. Slather olive oil on the pieces and definitely make sure you use enough. This helps them soften! Put the zucchini pieces in the oven for 5 minutes.

Take them out and be very careful so you don't burn your fingers! Apply the pasta sauce as even as you can. If you have a thick zucchini, a thicker layer of pasta sauce will give you more taste. 

Sprinkle on as much cheese as you want and if you prefer, add some toppings. Put the zucchini pizzas in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. They will be very hot when you take them out, so let cool just a little bit before you start eating them. Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment