EASY | Apple Packets


Since I'm not at home right now, I can't be baking all day. We're at sea, and the kitchens in summer houses aren't exactly big. On top of that, it actually is just too hot to be inside. I come from a family of bakers, so we all craved dessert though. Luckily, my grandma is amazing at making delicious things, and when she came up with apple packets, I was sold.


She had never used cinnamon before - yes, I was shocked too - so I decided this was my shot to introduce it to her and our family. And guess what? They loved it! Mission accomplished. As I said, the kitchen isn't extremely big. So we made a super delicious dessert with only 5 ingredients. Yes, only five. Making them up is extremely easy and you can definitely impress your guests.


If you want to make them look even more delicious, you could crack open an egg and brush it on top of the puff pastry, so it looks beautifully golden brown. I can very much recommend these after dinner, with a cup of tea or coffee, with people you love. Go on and impress them!


P.S. I made these again at home so I could take pictures. They were gone before I could even grab my camera!

Ingredients
for 10 packets
  • 2 to 3 apples, depending on their size and how filled you want your packages to be
  • 4 tablespoons of white sugar
  • 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon, according to liking
  • a package of freezed puff pastry - 10 sheets
  • 1 egg, whisked
Give your puff pastry the time to defrost. Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F.

Cut the apples into thin slices or small chunks. I've tried both and they work fine. You can put more of it in your sheet if you go for chunks, but it's up to you.

In a small bowl , combine the sugar, cinnamon and apple slices/chunks. Make sure the butter does not come straight out of the fridge, or you'll have to let it soften. Once it can be stirred, mix everything together.

Dust some flour on your working sheet and put your sheets of puff pastry on them. With a spoon, put some of the apple and sugar mixture on your sheet. You can put in as much as you like, just keep in mind that you still have to close them.

Fold each of the corners of your little sheet inside, so you have a little package. It is up to you to choose which corner to fold first, it's all equal. Do make sure that they are closed quite well, because although they are still delicious, they look prettier when closed.

To give them a golden finish, brush some of the egg on your package.

Put the packages in your oven for 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy them when still warm, preferably with a hot beverage.

Share this:

, , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment