Starbucks Lemon Cake


Each time I go to Starbucks, I go crazy while standing in line. The pastries in there all look so delicious! I never really end up ordering something, except for their granola bar once. Some time ago, I was browsing through one of my favourite cooking blogs, Uit Pauline's Keuken, when I bumped into her Starbucks lemon cake recipe. It looked so delicious I just had to make it! And with my knowledge of the amazingness of Starbucks pastries (or at least, the amazingness of how they look), I knew it had to be amazing.


The regular lemon cake has icing on it, which honestly looks amazing. But if I want to make something that will actually be eaten at my house, it should not contain icing nor chocolate. I know, quite a pain in the ass (sorry mom & dad!). That is why I decided not to put it on and look: usually I have to inform friends, family & neighbours that I will be baking so they can have a piece, and now the cake  was gone in a couple of days! (Which is quite fast for us, weird huh?). It is moist, soft, sweet but still a little tangy, and amazing with a cup of tea. Perfectness in a cake.


I will put the recipe for icing below, if you decide to make it with it. I put in quite some more lemon juice & zest in the cake because my mom asked for it and I honestly think it tastes amazing. But you must be a citrus lover then. If you aren't, follow the recipe below and it should turn out amazingly! I have never tried the actual Starbucks lemon cake, so I cannot compare. But I can tell you this one is outstanding. Boil some tea and enjoy!


Oh, and as you might notice, the cake tastes amazingly with blueberries. And yes, mine looks quite dark, but that is because we all love well-baked things.

Ingredients
for 1 quite large cake
adapted from Uit Pauline's Keuken
  • 200 grams (1.6 cups) of all-purpose flour
  • 3 grams (1/2 teaspoon) of baking soda
  • 4 grams (1 teaspoon) of baking powder
  • 3 eggs
  • 220 grams (1 cup) of caster sugar
  • 40 grams (1/5 cup) of butter, at room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
  • juice of 2 lemons
  • 130 ml (1/2 cup) of sunflower oil
  • a dash of salt

Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F.

Mix the sugar and the butter into an airy mixture. Add the eggs one by one. After that, add the lemon zest and the lemon juice.

Add the oil and mix well. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and a dash of salt. Mix this into a solid mixture.

Grease a cake mould (about 23 cms) with butter or oil and pour the mixture into the mould.

Bake the cake in 45 minutes. If it gets too dark, cover with aluminium foil and keep baking. Let cool for 30 minutes and enjoy!

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment