Almond Biscotti


From time to time, I just need to bake. It usually happens once in 1 - 2 weeks and no matter what I have to do then, I just feel like baking! Yesterday was such a day. Sadly enough, it was a very busy and hectic day and I didn't have time to bake something. But luckily today there was another (quiet) day! Since it hadn't stopped raining this last week, I really wanted to make something perfect for fall. I had looked up the recipe and was completely ready for it!


But when I woke up this morning, the sun was shining. Are you kidding me? Not that it was a bad thing, 'cause we need to cherish the sun when it's here, but since I'm a weird person, it changed my baking plans. All of a sudden, I didn't feel like making something fallish anymore. But I did want to bake something. So while I was browsing through my cookbooks, I stumbled across a recipe I made for my parents a couple of months ago and they loved it!


Next to that, I knew I wasn't going to see my friends until next week, so I had to make something my family would love, or they wouldn't eat it. And I always get upset when nobody eats my food (sad face). And man, it was a favourite. I had to make my parents promise they wouldn't eat everything for the sake of my pictures. Acutally, as I am writing, they are sitting at the dinner table with a cup of Nespresso and the entire bowl of Biscotti.


I must say, if you aren't a fan of crunchy cookies, these aren't for you. They're originally Italian and are meant to be eaten with coffee. But honestly, they're amazing without coffee too. Lift your booty to cook these asap and thank me later.

Ingredients
for approximately 20 biscotti
  • 225 grams of all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • a pinch of salt
  • 165 grams of sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • zest of 1 orange
  • 75 grams of almonds, lightly roasted
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper or dust with flour.

Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add the sugar, eggs and orange zest and mix everything into a dough.

Roll the dough into a ball, cut in half and roll out both halves to 'sausage rolls' of 4 cm in diameter. Put the rolls onto the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. After that, let them cool for 5 minutes.

Use a bread knife to cut the rolls into pieces of 1 cm thick. Put those on a new baking sheet (or re-use it, as I did) and put them in the oven again for 15 minutes or until they are lightly goldenbrown. Let them cool completely and give them the chance to firm up. Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment