Healthy Avocado Brownies




After the holidays, I really wanted to healthify my life a little bit again. I love eating desserts, so if I get the chance to make it healthier while still tasting wonderful, I definitely will. Usually, I am not the biggest brownie fan. I personally prefer a dessert that is a little lighter, but sometimes I have the urge to eat a lot of chocolate. And these were just perfect for that.


Using avocado in desserts probably sounds quite weird, but the consistency gets quite close to butter, which makes it a perfect replacement! It doesn't have a profound taste either, and in this dessert, its taste disappears completely. The only thing you should make sure off, is that it is ripe and soft so it blends up easily. Mine was a little too hard, so I had little green chunks in my brownies. Although it doesn't look amazing, it doens't change the taste at all.


I took the brownies with my on my ski trip, but decided not to tell my room mates they were healthy. They all really liked them, but some thought they weren't sugary enough. Indeed, they weren't as sugary as regular brownies, but they did taste very chocolate-y. I completely forgot to tell them they actually ate quite healthy brownies so girls, here you go. They weren't at all as bad as you thought!


Adding the chocolate on top is definitely a must. Okay, maybe they make it a little bit less healthy but they are just the perfect topping. If you really like your brownies to be sweet, you could add some more sweetener, but for me these were nice. If you like dessert while eating healthy, definitely give these a try!

Ingredients
for approximately 12 brownies (or 24 minis), recipe from Undressed Skeleton
  • 1 avocado, preferably ripe
  • 3 eggs
  • 120 grams (1 cup) whole wheat flour
  • 59 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder, unsweetened
  • 83 ml (1/3 cup) hot water
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 170 grams (6 ounces) Greek yogurt
  • 5 packets or 3 teaspoons of stevia
  • 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
  • 3 tablespoons honey or agave
Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F. In a boxl, mix the avocado, eggs and yogurt until very creamy. Add in the vanilla and the stevia.

In a seperate bowl, add the water to the cocoa powder. The consistency should look like icing, so do not hesitate to use a little bit more water. I ended up using about 100 ml.

Add the flour and mix until fully combined. Add in the agave or the honey to make it even sweeter. You could use even more (or more stevia) if you like your brownies to be really sweet.

Spread out the batter into a baking dish. I used little ones, because I like thick brownies. Top the brownies with the chocolate chips. I may have used more than 3 tablespoons...

Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Let them cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting them. The best thing is to keep these in the fridge, they'll stay best like that. Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment