Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies


Lately, I've been having an obsession with bananas. I eat about 4 - 5 a week and they've become a staple piece on our grocery list. It takes a while before I start eating them, because I like them fully yellow, even a little spotted. My mom isn't really a fan of my addiction, because she thinks I forgot about them (although I've got plans for every single one of them). She can't see them turning yellow/brown, so she ends up eating them herself because I don't. So yes, our family has a love-hate relationship with bananas.


This week, I was browsing through one of my favourite cookbooks for some inspiration when I bumped into these cookies. If you have never tried chocolate and banana together, shame on you. They fit together so perfectly it would be sad if I didn't make these. And it was the perfect opportunity to use one of my five bananas.


So here they are: for my mom, so she doesn't have to eat my bananas and for all of you who haven't ever eaten chocolate and banana together, so you know how delicious they are. And for all people who do know the power of chocolate and banana: just do it. You know these will be amazing. Because they definitely are.

Ingredients
for approximately 20 cookies
  • 1 banana
  • 1 large egg
  • 135 grams (3/5 cup) butter
  • 150 grams (0.65 cup) caster sugar
  • 150 grams (1 1/5 cup) (self-raising) flour
  • 1 teaspoon cookie spice
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 100 grams (3/5 cup) chocolate chips
  • optional: 50 grams (1/3 cup) raisins
Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 380°F. Line 2 baking sheets with baking powder.

In a bowl, mix together the butter and the sugar until creamy. Add in the egg and mix until nicely combined. Mash the banana and add in the mixture. Mix until soft.

Sift the flour and the cookie spice and mix through the butter and sugar mixture. Add in the milk to make it a little more fluid and add in the chocolate and the raisins.

Use two tablespoons to make nice heaps on the baking sheets. Leave enough space in between the cookies or it will turn into one big cookie. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.

Let cool completely (really, they're best when cooled) and enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment