LPQ Coconut Chia Seed Pudding


A couple of months ago, I bought a bag of chia seeds after seeing so many people going crazy over chia seed pudding. It looked really good, but really weird at the same time. I was very intrigued by the texture, but I made a basic recipe with almond milk so the taste didn't really wow me. I didn't touch my chia seeds for a while, until I saw coconut chia seed pudding at Le Pain Quotidien.


It was SO GOOD! I'm a coconut lover in general, but this was a really great combination. I felt a small addiction coming up, but buying the chia seed pudding everyday is a little bit too much for my finances. So I thought, why not try to recreate it myself? After buying the things I thought were essential, I decided to give it a go. And you know what? It was spot on!


The texture or the look might intimidate you but it's honestly quite nice! Not exactly like regular pudding but I think it's yummy. The cool thing about chia seeds is that they can absorb up to 8 times their size in liquid, which is how the pudding is made.


It takes a while before the seeds have absorbed the coconut milk, so I would make this the evening before eating it. If you make it 3 to 4 hours before hand, the texture will be good too, but I find it easiest to just make it at night.

Ingredients
for approximately 3 to 4 servings
  • 250 ml coconut milk (full fat)
  • 2 tablespoons chia seeds
  • 2 tablespoons agave syrup - this is sweet enough for me, but if you want it even sweeter feel free to add some more.
In a large bowl, combine the 3 ingredients and stiry very well until all of the chia seeds are mixed with the coconut milk. This might take some time, but patience will be rewarded!

Store in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight before consumation. I ate this spread over 3 days, but do remember that the texture gets thicker each day. Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment