Coconut Oat Cookies


Let's be honest: who doesn't love cookies? Although I'm the only hardcore dessert eater at home, my parents never say no to some rochers or shortbread cookies. So when I was looking for some new recipes to make, my mom told me about a recipe from Pascale Naessens she was very interested in. Or in other words: I'd like you to make this for me.


I really love her cookbooks: she has an amazing view on food and her recipes look too yummy! As you might guess, I'm most interested in sweets! She's really my kind of woman: desserts with chocolate always win from desserts without chocolate. But next to that, there's also an amazing chapter for breakfast on the go. And that's where I found these babies.


Coconut banana oat cookies, need I say more? That just can't be bad. And the amazing part? There are only 3 ingredients. Honestly, even the worst cook can make these. Next to that, these are also really healthy. Okay, there's quite some sugar in here from the bananas, but it's fruit sugar so that doensn't count!


This recipe makes about 15 small cookies. Feel free to double or triple the recipe, because they definitely didn't last long at my house! At first, I thought these were a healthier version of my rochers, but not so. Nevertheless, they are too good not to try! Try now, buy the book later.

Ingredients
for approximately 15 cookies
from Pascale Naessens - Puur Eten
  • 2 bananas
  • 50 grams shredded coconut
  • 80 grams oats
Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.

Mash the bananas until most chunks have disappeared. You can add the oats like that, but I like to put them in the food processer to make them just a little smaller. Add in the coconut too.

Stir until you get a thick dough. You might need more oats or coconut depending on the size of your bananas. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and make cookies with the help of 2 teaspoons. You can use an ice cream scoop for this, but I found it made the cookies too big.

Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the edges start turning golden brown. Let cool before you eat them (so you don't burn your tongue!) and enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment