Banana Almond Mugcake


With only one hand available, the recipes I can try are limited. So I decided to go for a mugcake! It pretty much means throwing everything into one bowl, so I thought I could manage that. And although it took me quite some longer than normal, it turned out delicious! Definitely broken elbow-proof.


This recipe is based on the banana nut mug cake from Blogilates. I changed it a little bit to match my personal preferences and since I really liked it, I thought I'd share! It's really easy to throw together and when even I say it, it must be true! I put mine on a plate because it's prettier, but you can eat it straight out of the mug if you want to (honestly, I would too). Make sure to spray your mug with cooking spray or grease it with some butter or olive oil if you want to take it out, because otherwise it will stick to the mug.


This is delicious! I love the crunch the almonds on top give. Maybe adding some in the batter would be nice too! The banana flavour is definitely noticeable, so if you're not a fan of nanas, this isn't your thing. It does add to the sweetness, which is amazing. You definitely don't need a lot of added sweetener! I could just keep rambling on about how amazing this mugcake is, but maybe you should just try it yourself...

Ingredients
for 1 mugcake, inspired by Blogilates
  • 4 tablespoons oats
  • 1/2 banana, mashed
  • 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt or light curd
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons almond milk
  • 1 teaspoon stevia
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon (if you aren't a huge fan, 1 teaspoon might be enough)
  • 1 - 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
Grease a bowl with some oil or butter. Mash the banana if you haven't already and add the oats, yogurt, egg, almond milk, stevia, baking powder and cinnamon (= almost all of the other ingredients).

Mix thoroughly until a real batter forms. Microwave for 2 - 3 minutes, depending on the texture you want it to have. I prefer it to be sturdier.

Take out of your mug (or not) and sprinkle with the slivered almonds. Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment