Why I love winter


As both the end of the month and the end of the year are coming closer, I'm getting more and more excited. Don't get me wrong, I love bikinis and shorts but I'm really a fan of winter as well. At this moment, I'm fully prepared for colder weather and yup, I'm even excited for it! Now I know there are many people who would rather hide under a rock for the upcoming season, so I want to share with you why I love winter so much.


Sweater Weather
As much as I love shorts and tanned legs, I truly enjoy thick sweaters and cute scarves to cover your neck. It's always so cosy! Like carrying a little blanket with you. And although I wouldn't like to live in Siberia, I love a cold day with blue skies. There's something about the air that is just wonderful!


Hot Drinks
Okay, I admit. I'm a little bit addicted to green tea (6 cups a day, anyone?) and I'm always in for a latte! Or a homemade hot cocoa, hmmm. The sad thing is, I can't drink it in Summer! I had that issue this Summer. I went to an amazing coffee bar/bagel spot with parents and really badly wanted a latte, because they're always delicious! But I couldn't, because it was too hot to even think about lattes. The struggle is real.


The Happiest Time of the Year
Is there any moment in the year that is more cosy than Christmas? I don't even really believe in God, but to me Christmas is the moment to come together with my family and to spend a wonderful night. And hey, those presents never hurt nobody, right?


Snow
I know, I know, there are a lot of people who are already nagging about snow. But hey, look at it from the bright side! It's the perfect moment to release your inner child and throw some snow balls at each other. Oh, and don't even get me started on skiing.. I'm not yet sure whether I'm allowed to ski with my elbow, but it's one of the most fantastic things to do! And with the weather being this crazy, who knows we'll get some snow in Belgium this year too!


Christmas Lights
It gets dark earlier at night and all of the beautiful Christmas lights are lit up in the shopping streets. What more do you want? Call me stupid, but it makes me happy. It makes everything just a tad more cosy! And there's no one who doesn't like those lights (except for stupid people).

Tell me, why do you love winter?

Images from We heart it.

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment