Healthy Bounty Rocks


It's official. I've been declared crazy. Not by any doctor (luckily), but by my friends and family. Now why on earth would anyone declare an amazing girl like me, crazy? Well, I started a detox on the first of November. For an entire month, I won't drink alcohol and eat a minimum of processed foods! I've had a lot of questions on what I do eat, ha.


So now I'm detoxing, I need to find other ways to keep my sweet tooth under control. Ever since I was a little girl, I've been a huge fan of candy bars. My all time favourite? Bounty! A couple of years ago they came with a new version: bounty with dark chocolate. Absolute delight. All of a sudden, I had one of the best ideas I've ever had: creating a healthy bounty! Okay, I admit, Instagram may have helped me a little bit.


Now the essential parts of a bounty bar are quite clear, huh? Coconut and chocolate. I found a tonne of different recipes, some with difficult ingredients and a billion steps, but I'm a lazy girl. I want minimal ingredients and minimal steps. So, I was quite happy when I bumped into this recipe. Only 4 ingredients! My inner lazy girl got really excited.


The recipe is extremely easy too. All you need is a little patience, because the bounty rocks need some time in the freezer to harden. The original recipe calls for 20 minutes, but I left them in overnight (worked like a charm!). So when you really can't wait to dive in, 20 min in the freezer will do. Now stop reading all of my chitchat and get your bootay to the kitchen!

Ingredients
for approximately 12 bounty rocks
  • 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
  • 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or other natural sweetener)
  • 100 grams shredded coconut
  • 100 grams dark chocolate, preferably 75% or more
Combine the coconut oil, maple syrup and shredded coconut until everything is mixed properly.

Try to from bounty bars with your hands. The mixture might not be very sticky, so you can also use 2 spoons and make small rocks, like I did.

Put the bars or rocks in the freezer for at least 20 minutes. If you've got a lot of time, overnight is perfect too.

Melt the chocolate au bain marie or in the microwave (but keep stirring!). Take the bars/rocks out of the freezer and dip them into the chocolate until they are completely covered. Let the excess chocolate drip off and put them on a plate.

Put in the fridge so the chocolate can harden and serve! Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment