Healthy Chocolate Mousse


I will probably be eating churros con chocolate the entire week in Madrid, so sharing this recipe is most likely the healthiest thing I'll do this week. But hey, at least one of us will have a healthy dessert then, right? This chocolate mousse is very creamy and has a rich chocolate taste. Absolutely perfect when you need a pick me up in the afternoon!




Everytime my aunt makes chocolate mousse for a family party, the entire family makes sure to tell me. Why? At one family party I ate so much of their chocolate mousse they're still laughing about it. So yes, I think you understand my love for chocolate mousse! This healthy version contains a rather weird ingredient: avocado! Don't be grossed out yet, it's actually a very convenient ingredient. In many desserts it replaces the butter. And don't be afraid, it doesn't taste like avocado.


I made healthy brownies last year, and those were actually very delicious! I still had an avocado that had to be used up, so incorporating it into a dessert was perfect. Who thought you could eat veggies for dessert? I must admit I was a little sceptic at first, but this is actually beter than I imagined! Just try this, you'll see I'm right! Oh, and adding chocolate sprinkles is definitely a must.

Ingredients
for 2 portions

  • 1 avocado
  • 2 tablespoons cacao powder
  • 2 tablespoons agave or honey
Mash the avocado until it is completely smooth. This might take a while and a kitchen machine would come in handy here! 

When that is done, add the cacao powder and the sweetener and stir everything together very thoroughly. That's it, enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment