Speculoos Muesli


I'm a big breakfast person. I love places where you can get breakfast until after noon, because it's no exception for me to eat breakfast twice a day! I often eat something most people eat for breakfast, for lunch, such as oatmeal. I don't know why, but there's something magical about all the possibilities breakfast gives you that I love so much more than lunch or dinner. That might have something to do with my love for sweets, but shh. I ran out of muesli a couple of days ago, so I decided it was time to make some homemade muesli again! And this, my dear, is a real gem. 



Not really a fan of speculoos? No problem! This recipe is extremely versatile and can be adapted to your liking! The base consists of oats, coconut oil, sweetener & nuts. What makes it special? The spices you use! I obviously used speculoos spices, but you can easily change that! What about chai spices or some vanilla extract? I'm already excited about the next batches I'll be making.


This muesli is perfect with some greek yoghurt and a banana. Or with whatever you prefer, of course. This muesli is supposed to be granola-like, but mine wasn't really sticky so it's something inbetween. I'm a huge fan of granola, so I might start with a smaller amount of oats the next time I make it. This really doesn't change anything about the flavour, it will only make it chunkier. And in my opinion: the chunkier, the better! 


Just look at all of that deliciousness. I know what I'll be having for breakfast (& lunch) tomorrow! Oh, and the great part? It's a massive amount, so you don't need to worry about what to have in the morning the next couple of weeks. For the lazy people: this literally takes 5 minutes to make, which is just as much as buying it from the supermarket. Just go for it!

Ingredients
for 500 grams muesli

  • 500 grams oats (if you like it more granola-like, start with about 375 grams and add more to your preference!)
  • 4 tablespoons honey/agave/natural sweetener
  • 4 tablespoons coconut oil (or more sweetener)
  • a mixture of nuts, to your liking
  • 4 tablespoons of speculoos spices (or cinnamon)
Heat up the honey and the coconut oil in the microwave and mix through thoroughly. Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F. 

In a bowl, combine the oats, nuts and spices. Pour over the mixture of oil and honey.

Fold everything through thoroughly until all the oats have an even coat. You can add some liquid if you are not happy with the consistency.

Line a baking sheet with baking paper and spread out the mixture in an even layer. Flat everything down with the back of a spoon and put in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes.

Once it comes out of the oven, let cool for at least one hour. Now you can break up the layer and put it in a pretty container. Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment