Power Balls


Spring really kicked in this week! Right at the perfect time, because I have Easter break. The sad thing is that I also need to learn for my exams in June, so I can't enjoy the sun as much as I would like to. I don't now about you, but the eating monster in me comes up even more when I'm at home so I needed to make something to keep my sweet tooth under control! I present : power balls.




These little energy balls are filled with natural sugars that are perfect when you're having a little dip at 4 PM. Not that these are limited to 4 PM... I ate them all day today! I rolled some small and some big ones, depending on how much I needed sugar ;). I rolled mine in some coconut blossom sugar because I didn't have any coconut left and because it looked pretty, but there is no need to do so! The coconut blossom sugar doesn't taste like coconut though, so don't be afraid of it.


Coconut is the main ingredient in these and I must say, you can definitely taste that! If you're not a coconut fan, these might not be great for you. But no worries, because I have some other chocolate balls on my blog! And don't say you don't like chocolate either because I think there is something very wrong with you in that case.


These ingredients might look a little scary or odd to you in the first place, but don't be fooled! I get my medjool dates at Lidl - they have a 1kg box - and they're amazing! I snack on them very often. Both desiccated coconut and maple syrup can be found in your regular supermarket. I must admit that you'll have to visit a health store for the coconut oil and almond flour. If you live in Antwerp, try het Natuurhuis! I'm in love with that store. Okay, I'm going to finish my ramble and you should make these right now!

Ingredients
for approximately 20 balls

  • 5 medjool dates, soaked
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
  • 3 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1 cup desiccated coconut
  • 1 cup almond meal/flour
  • optional: some coconut sugar to roll these in

Soak the dates in some warm water. I soaked mine for 10 minutes and they were perfect! Make sure to remove the pits. Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until a dough starts to form. 

When that is done, roll the dough in balls. You can choose the size, I decided to go for both large and small balls. If you like, you can roll these in some more desiccated coconut! I didn't have any left, so I went with coconut sugar instead. 

These will be rather oily because of the coconut oil, so I like to store mine in the fridge. Enjoy! And try not to eat them all in one day ;).

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment