Chocolate Chip Cookies


I went to visit some friends this week and since they are all huge cookie lovers, I wanted to bake something to surprise them with. I wanted to make something they would all love, so I decided to go for the all time classic that can never go wrong: chocolate chip cookies! Although I was late, they definitely loved me when I arrived ;).




These cookies do need to have some rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but that's the only bad part I can find about these. The recipe isn't too difficult, nor does it have a lot of steps. If I can do it, you can do it too! And honestly, would you say no to these beauties? This is a perfect example that seriously everything is better with chocolate!


Most of these cookies were gone the same night I made them, but I do advise to consume these within two days after baking. As they cool, they become nice and crispy! After a couple of days, the crispiness changes into them being rock-hard, so I wouldn't do that if I were you.

look at that chocolate chip!!

These cookies are pretty self-explanatory and I think I told you everything you need to remember, so there's no reason not to make these asap! Go ahead and impress your friends the next time you visit them. I sure love someone who takes some freshly baked cookies when they come to see me, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one!

Ingredients
For approximately 25 cookies

  • 280 grams all-purpose flour
  • 130 grams butter, at room temperature 
  • 1 egg
  • 185 grams caster sugar
  • 1 packet vanilla sugar 
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 100 grams chocolate chips
  • optional: 50 grams raisins
Whisk the butter and caster sugar in a large bowl until it reaches a creamy consistency. Add in the egg and the vanilla sugar and mix thoroughly. 

In a separate bowl, add the baking powder to the flour. Gradually add this mixture to the butter mixture, until everything is mixed properly. Fold the chocolate chips and the raisins through the dough.

Put the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, covered. 

Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Use your hands to make walnut-sized cookie balls and push them down slightly. 

Bake them for 10 - 15 minutes, depending on how well done you prefer them. Let cool completely, because they will harden a lot. These are best the day they are made or the day after. Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment