Summer Smoothie Bowl


While I was thinking about what to make for today's post, it seemed like I could only come up with things that either took a long time to prepare or had to be in the oven for a long time. With the lovely weather we've been having the last couple of days, my recipe had two requirements: it had to be no-bake and I didn't want to spend my afternoon in the kitchen. I almost wanted to give up, until I was making lunch and decided this was perfect!




I love to get creative with my lunch. I've been eating bread with cheese for lunch almost every day, 12 years straight, and I'm honestly over it! Unless the bread is still a little warm and really fresh, I'm not interested in it anymore. Instead, I love eating yoghurt with granola healthy pancakes or rice crackers with almond butter. Yum! When the weather warms up, I love making smoothie bowls. I used to pour my smoothies in a glass and drink them like that, but I read somewhere that you should 'eat' them with a spoon, because otherwise your brain thinks you're drinking instead of eating. So that's what I do right now!


We always have frozen fruit lying around! I put berries in my oatmeal each morning - BEST discovery ever, they melt into your hot oats - and we also have a bag of exotic fruits, which I decided to use for my smoothie bowl! It has mango, pineapple, cantaloupe and galia melon. I'm usually not a big fan of mango, but I like it mixed in this smoothie. This smoothie has quite a thick consistency because the fruit is frozen, but you can choose fresh fruit if you prefer the smoothie to be runnier.


I topped mine with some shaved almonds because I love the crunch! I like my food to be crunchy, so I really have the feeling I'm eating something, you know? Or am I being completely weird on that? On a side note: I did all of this without measuring anything! You can always add something extra when you're not happy with the consistency of the taste. That's the awesome things about smoothies: they're very forgiving. Now if you don't know what to make for lunch today, try this! You'll love it.

Ingredients
for 1 smoothie bowl

  • 1 ripe banana
  • 100 - 200 ml milk, I used unsweetened soy milk because that's what we had!
  • 200 grams yogurt/curd/Greek yogurt
  • 100 - 150 grams (frozen) exotic fruit - note: you can make this with any fruit you like!
  • optional: shaved almonds as a topping

Blend together all the ingredients except the almonds. This might take a while when you use frozen fruit. If the consistency is too thick, add some milk! If it's too runny, add some frozen fruit.

Pour in a bowl and top with the almonds. Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment