HEALTHY | Brain Balls


It's here again! My classes have all ended, my books are almost staring me in my sleep and I'm living in comfy pants. Yup, exams are coming! I don't know about you, but when I'm at home all day, I tend to eat all day. Eating all day & not moving at all aren't the best combo though, definitely since it's not January anymore but June.. And what does that mean? HOLIDAYS!! I have quite some cool trips planned and I've been working my ass off the last two months so I hope to look great in my bikini. And no, I'm not planning to ruin that. But not eating all day anymore isn't an option either... So I came up with this!



I called these Brain Balls because your brain needs proper food to study. And maybe because it sounded funny, but shht. I find myself munching on everything I can find in the house, so these are perfect! They're small but very satisfying, so you don't need to eat the entire plate before feeling full. Not that I eat these because I'm hungry though... I love taking two or three with my cup of tea. The great thing? These have healthy ingredients in them, so your brain will be happy (aka great exams) AND your bikini will be happy when you're laying in the sun! It's a win-win if you ask me.


Almond meal is one of the main ingredients in these, so these taste a little like marzipan! I was too lazy to melt the coconut oil, but I definitely recommend doing that. I think the coconut flavour would come out more if the coconut oil is melted. So if you're not a fan of marzipan, try these anyway but definitely melt the coconut oil!

Ingredients
for approximately 15 brain balls

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 3/4 cup almond meal (or ground almonds)
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil, softened
  • 3 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
In a food processor, pulse the oats until they have a flour-like consistency. Add all ingredients except for raisins and let the food processor do its magic!

Once the mixture turns into a dough, transfer it to a bowl and fold through the raisins. Once that's done, roll out the balls! You can make 10 large ones or 15 small ones, whatever you prefer. These are best when stored in the fridge. Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment