HEALTHY | Nutty Banana Bread Muffins


After a couple of weeks with yummy-but-not-so-healthy recipes, I have a new healthy recipe for you! I know you all love my unhealthy recipes, but lemme share my love for delicious healthy things with you, okay? Most of you are probably well known with banana bread by now, but I love making muffins instead of one big loaf because I'm the only one who eats it. I feel like they stay fresh longer!




I'm not sure what happened exactly, but all of a sudden I had 5 bananas that were a little too ripe. Usually, that never happens to me! I eat a banana a day, so I normally don't have any bananas left at the end of the week. Not that it was so bad though, because I never say no to banana bread! I decided to go for a different recipe this time and I added a lot of nuts for some extra crunch.


The slivered almonds on top are also completely optional, but don't they look gorgeous? The original recipe uses an extra banana, sliced in half, but I don't think it looks yummy. I love eating several of these for lunch or one as a snack. The amazing thing with banana bread is that you can add in anything you like. I saw a chocolate version some weeks ago that looked delicious as well!


If you have never tried making banana bread before, I think you should give it a go! Even if you're not really a fan of healthy things, these are a great start because the bananas make it very sweet. So, are you going to try these? Or are you already looking forward to my unhealthy recipe next week? ;)

Ingredients
for 1 big loaf or 10 muffins

  • 140 grams oats
  • 3 bananas (1 extra if you want to use it as topping)
  • 3 big dates, soaked in lukewarm water for 15 minutes
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • optional: nuts and/or slivered almonds
Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F. In a blender or kitchen machine, blend the oats until they have a flour-like consistency. 

Mash the 3 bananas and add the blended oats. Add all of the other ingredients and mix until you have a nice and creamy mixture. This is the moment to add the nuts if you want. 

Grease a cake tin or line a muffin tin with silicon liners. I do not recommend using paper liners, because they will probably stick. 

Fill the cake tin or muffin liners with the mixture. If you use the slivered almonds: now is the moment to add them! I sprinkled them on generously, but you can do as you like. If you are using the banana (I would only use this if you decided to go for the loaf), slice in half and put it on the mixture. 

Bake the bread for approximately 50 minutes, the muffins for 20 - 25 minutes. Keep an eye on them! Let cool completely & enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment