Grandma's Pear Tart


About two weeks ago, I went to visit my grandparents. Once a year, the entire family comes together because of the annual fair and I love seeing them all back! My grandmother always makes dinner for everyone and that was no exception this year.


For dessert, she made 2 large Austrian prune tarts. A very crunchy crust, no pudding or cream or any other jazz, just the prunes. Oh my. It took about 2 nanoseconds for the tarts to disappear. Combined with some whipped cream, you could die. She assured me they were extremely easy to make and still, they were so yummy.


One of my aunts has a pear tree and she had brought a whole bunch for my grandmother. She had about 2 - 3 kgs of pear lying around! So when she found out I love pears, she gave me more than a kg. They are amazingly sweet, so I tried not to eat them and recreate my grandmother's tart with my aunt's pears. So here it is! Oh, and just to let you know: the pie was gone within 24 hours. And there were only four people to eat it.

P.S. It's the same grandma from the apple packets! She has some amazing recipes.

Ingredients
for 1 pie
  • 70 grams (1/3 cup) sugar
  • 125 grams (1/2 cup) butter
  • 165 grams (1 1/3 cup) (whole-wheat) flour
  • 250 grams fruit of choice, the recipe calls for blue prunes
crumble:
  • 50 grams (1/5 cup) butter
  • 55 grams (2/5 cup) (whole-wheat) flour
  • 70 grams (1/3 cup) sugar
Knead the butter, sugar and flour until it is a nice and round ball. It should not stick to the sides of the bowl. Rol it out on a piece of baking sheet until its diameter is 26 cm. Cut off the leftover dough with a knife.

Roll the left-over dough into a ball and make a long 'sausage' out of it. Put that roll on the outlines of the crust, and push it tightly.

Clean your fruit and cut it in small pieces, so they fit in the center of your pie. Distribute them evenly so your entire crust is covered.

Preheat your oven to 225°C/450°F. For the crumble, combine all the ingredients with your hands until it gets crumbly. Crumble it over the fruit and put the pie on a baking sheet. Bake the tart for twelve to fifteen minutes. Let cool, serve with some whipped cream and enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment