HEALTHY | Banana Bread



When we went to London this summer, I did something I should have never done. I saw some banana bread on the breakfast buffet and since I was curious, I decided to try some. Bad decision. I ended up eating about 3 slices each morning we were there. And the only reason I stopped, is because I was so full I really couldn't eat a fourth slice.


For some reason, I thought it was quite healthy. There are bananas in there, right? So when I started looking for recipes to make it myself, I was a little bit shocked. And I thought, why not make this healthy? Then I can eat even more and not feel guilty about it. Well.. mission accomplished. It's delicious, very moist and super guiltfree. And very importantly: very easy to make! The hardest part is to wait until your bananas are ripe enough. Definitely wait long enough with this, at least 5 days. The riper they are, the healthier they are and the easier they are to mash.


Speaking of banans, a very strange thing happened last week. I needed 4 bananas for the bread, so I asked my mom not to eat any. I didn't tell anyone else though. When I came home on friday, there were only 3 bananas left. We had bought 5 and I know my mom ate one, but were that 4th one went is still a mistery.


But why are you still reading this? Hurry up to get yourself some bananas! My bread didn't last very long, and it wasn't just me...

Ingredients
for 1 large loaf
  • 4 bananas,  extra ripe
  • 240 grams (2 cups) whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil
  • 2 - 3 tablespoons stevia
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 245 grams (1 cup) apple sauce, preferably unsweetened (I used sweetened - worked fine)
  • 70 grams (1/4 cup) Greek yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F. In a large bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and stevia and combine.

In another bowl, mash the bananas. Add the applesauce and mix together. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and milk and combine. Lastly, add the coconut oil. When you are not using a mixer, melt it first.

Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Stir in the Greek yogurt until completely mixed. Pour the mixture into a pan or cake mold and sprinkle on some cinnamon. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes. I baked mine for 50 minutes, since I like it to be a little soft.

Let cool completely, cut in slices and eat it for breakfast, lunch or dessert. Or any other moment of the day. Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment