Memory Pancakes


As you can tell from the title, these pancakes always bring up different memories for me. It are all happy memories, but one of them is just a little more special to me... The pancakes itself are cinnamon pancakes, which are of course perfect for me. If you thought regular pancakes couldn't get better, just make these!


First of all, these remind me of my perfect trip to Portugal last summer. I went on a holiday with two amazing friends and in Lisbon, we stayed in a very nice hostel! The staff was crazy, the atmosphere was perfect for vacation and it was way more luxurious than we had imagined. When we woke up in the morning, the pancakes were already waiting for us in the kitchen! Ahhh.. Of course, I ate way more pancakes than I should have but come on, you can't eat perfect pancakes everyday!


The second memory is very special to me. About two years ago, we had a pancake afternoon with a bunch of friends. We did it at the home of a great friend who lived close to school, and his mom made us the biggest pile of pancakes I have ever seen. It really was an amazing afternoon and it'll always be a beautiful memory! We wanted to do it again, but sadly enough it never came to it - his life got taken from him two months ago due to gratuitous violence, which makes me cherish that afternoon even more. It makes me happy every time I think about it and that is really how I want to remind him.


In honour of those amazing memories, and mainly in honour of the most amazing friend you can ever have, I wanted to make pancakes. I know, not rocket science, but it's a recipe that seems to be made for me: it has cinnamon in it. Add some apples on top and you'll have the best meal of your life. You know I'm right.

Ingredients
for approximately 12 pancakes
  • 3 eggs
  • 500 ml (2 cups) milk
  • 250 grams ( cup) whole wheat flour
  • 1 bag of vanilla sugar
  • cinnamon to liking - I would put in about a tablespoon
Sift the flour and stir in the vanilla sugar. In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs and the milk.

Make a little hole in the middle of the flour and pour in the milk and egg mixture. Mix together really well and make sure there are no lumps. Add in the cinnamon, you can always put in more if you like!

Heat up a pan on medium - high heat and add some oil or butter. Once the pan is hot enough, add in some of the mixture. Bake until the bottom is nice and brown and then flip over. Let it simmer for a while, until it is nicely baked. Keep doing this until all of the pancakes are made and enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment