My 2013 favourites

Happy New Year's Eve! Sadly enough, the year is already over.. It really was a year with a lot of changes, both good and not so good. When I look back on my year, I'm really happy with everything that I did and all of the amazing things that happened. So here are my awards for the year!

Since this is still a beauty blog, I have some favourites that I really wanted to share with you. So here are the ones that should get an award:

Best mascara
No discussion needed: They're Real from Benefit. I got the sample size as a free gift with a purchase and I was extremely sad that I was out. This mascara lengthens my lashes, gives them volume: it makes them look as if it were false lashes. I have no idea how it does it, but it just does. It is really an amazing mascara and if it wasn't so expensive, I would buy a lot of tubes! But sadly enough, it is very expensive, so I'll just splurge on it for a special occasion or something.
Benefit - €24


Best skincare
I was not so sure whether I could put this under skincare since it is not something I use on a daily basis, but I decided to do it nevertheless. It is the Elizabeth Arden 8-hour Cream Skin Protectant. I know, quite a long name. I absolutely hate the scent, but it is the best cream ever to fix skin problems. Cracked lips? Flakey skin? Sore patches? Apply a thick layer of this cream and it'll disappear instantly. It is the best solution to any problems that come up when it is colder and oh man, I love it.
Elizabeth Arden - $19,50


Best eyeshadow
Although this is not something new, it is still my favourite: the Naked palette from Urban Decay. I love wearing gold and brown eyeshadows and this palette has all the colours I could dream off. The great thing is that you can create a lot of different looks too. Yup, I'm in love.
Urban Decay - €45

Now anything that is not related to beauty. I have both food and other nice things. Here you go:


Best drink
Obviously, it has been the year in which my tea addiction developed. I am officially - yes, I admit it - addicted to green tea. Preferably with lemon. Oh, and my favourite is the Lipton Green Tea with Citrus. It is delish.


Best food
I think this one is quite easy to guess. What do you think? Wait for it... Yup, definitely apple pie. Now that came as a surprise! Pretty much anything that involves apples and cinnamon comes on my adore-list, but apple pie is still my favourite. I really like Tarte Tatin too, which I should probably make some time soon.


Best cd
I usually don't really buy cds, I never really like all of the songs that are on there. But this year, I do have 2 favourites that I really loved completely. Yup, I couldn't choose so I decided that these were both worth sharing. The first one is Free The Universe from Major Lazer. This really is the best cd to instantly get the party started! Most of the songs are hits and they are all really amazing if you're into powerful music you can dance to.
Major Lazer - Free The Universe - €16,99


The second one is Racine Carrée from Stromae. Both of his hits, Papaoutai and Formidable, are on there, but I also really love the other songs. Honestly, there isn't a song I don't like. His texts are just amazing and the beat is lovely. This one isn't as powerful as the Major Lazer cd, it has a mix of both energetic and (more) quiet songs. Really worth the money!
Stromae - Racine Carrée - €17,99

Best movie
Since I had two cds, I figured I could also do 2 movies. I don't watch movies that often, but I really watched some amazing ones lately! I really recommend both of them. And the nice thing? One of them is Belgian, the other one is American.

I'll start of with the Belgian one: Het Vonnis. Honestly, this was ah-may-zing. No joke. The movie tells the story of a man who loses his wife and his daughter to gratuitous violence. He recognises the killer and obviously sues him. Due to a procedural error, he is discharged. The man who lost is family is so fed up with it that he kills the murderer. Obviously, this results into him being sued. The largest part of the movie deals with that and is actually a complaint towards the failure of government. It really was the best movie I've seen this year.

The other one just had to be mentioned: Catching Fire. Oh yes. The second book/movie in the Hunger Games Trilogy. I had been looking forward to seeing this movie for the longest time and a couple of weeks ago, I did. It definitely lived up to my expectations. And believe me, they were high! There was one bad thing about this movie though: the fact that it ended. I really wanted it to continue.


Best memory
When I think back about all of the things that happened, there were a lot of amazing memories. Still, there is one that really stands out to me. This summer, I went on vacation without my parents for the first time. As you may still remember, I went to Portugal with two of the most amazing friends ever and I really had the time of my life! We visited Lisbon, Sintra and Porto and I really want to go back. It's such a beautiful country!

I'm really thankful for the past year. It taught me a lot and I feel like I've grown quite a lot. Not everything that happens to you is nice and happy, but it makes you realize that the world cannot always be a wonderful place and that you just have to make the best out of it. Have a nice 2014!

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment