Homemade Hand & Foot Scrub


Now it is getting colder, my skin gets affected by the weather. I have awful feet all-year round and I really need to take good care of them to make sure they are somewhat okay. I have a lot of callouses that were built up over the years, due to a lot of different things: running, dancing, ... That doesn't mean that I don't mind them being there and that I don't want them to disappear.


So what is an essential tool, besides foot cream? Yup, you guessed it: a scrub! Depending on where you get them, they can be very expensive. So why not make them yourself? It is extremely easy and you'll probably have most of the ingredients already! And the best part? It smells like sugar cookies.. Say whut?

So here is what you will need:
  • 133 grams (2/3 cup) granulated white sugar
  • 67 grams (1/3 cup) brown sugar
  • 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
First of all, you should combine the two types of sugar. When you have done that, add in both the olive oil and the vanilla extract.


There is your scrub! Now comes the best part: decorate. I like to buy small containers and put on some cute labels. There is a variety of them online, or if you are creative you can even make one yourself. Go all crazy on this part! You could even make several scrubs and package them together for a really cute gift to someone.


I found my labels on the Martha Stewart site. It were just blank labels and I used PicMonkey to put on the text and the cute bow. I really love making things like this myself, so I hope you do too!

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment