Raspberry & White Chocolate muffins


While I was browsing through the internet, I bumped into these muffins. For some reason, I just knew I had to make them. They were listed as 'the perfect summer muffins', but that doesn't count for me. They're the perfect winter muffins too!


The good thing about these is that you need frozen raspberries for them, which you can get all year through. So far, so good! I must admit: I was very much liking the fact that there is white chocolate in here. I'm not really a fan of eating white chocolate on its own, but I very much love it in desserts. And how perfect is the combination of the two of them?


I made these muffins for a dessert night with my friends and although it isn't the most impressive dessert to make, it was definitely a nice addition to the table. It's also a nice gift to someone and thanks to the fruit in it, it is quite light. Enjoy!

Ingredients
for 12 muffins
  • 240 ml (1 cup) milk
  • 120 grams (1/2 cup) butter
  • 1 egg
  • 240 grams (2 cups) flour
  • 80 grams (2/5 cup) white granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 140 grams (1 cup)frozen raspberries
  • 100 grams (3/5 cup) white chocolate
  • dash of salt
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Grease a muffin pan or line with cupcake liners. Set apart the raspberries and the chocolate. Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl. Make a small hole in the middle.

In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients in the hole with the the dry ingredients.

Mix the wet ingredients through but make sure you don't overmix. In two times, fold through the raspberries and the white chocolate. The mixture will look a little weird, but that is no problem.

Divide the mixture over all of the liners and bake them in the oven for 20 minutes. Let cool completely, boil a cup of tea and enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment