Secret Oatmeal


I only started eating oats about two years ago. I never used to eat oatmeal though, just because I really didn't like it. About a year ago, I first tried overnight oatmeal and it is one of my favourite breakfasts now! I tried oatmeal for a couple of times because I really couldn't believe I didn't like it, but nope.. It really wasn't something for me! Until I found something..

While I was browsing through Youtube, I bumped into a very special oatmeal video. The first thing that caught my attention, was the crust. Yes, there was a crumble crust on the oatmeal. I'm in! But while I was watching the video, I noticed they put in a mashed banana and some apple. Because it looked so delicious, I thought I'd give oatmeal another try. And.. something magical happened.


I completely fell in love! The banana gives it extra sweetness, extra thickness and most of all: a lot of wowness. It may actually be my most eaten breakfast in the past few weeks now.. I never made the crumble crust though. It was just too much work and my lazy brain was thinking it would be good without it too. Totally right! So if you are not yet sure what to eat tomorrow morning: try this. You'll be amazed.

Ingredients
for 1 breakfast bowl
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 4 - 5 tablespoons oats
  • 1 apple
  • a handful of raisins
  • 250 ml (1 cup) almond milk (or milk of choice) - you can add more or less depending on how thick you like it 
In a microwave friendly bowl, mash a banana. Add the oats and the milk and stir everything through. Put in the microwave on 800 Watt for 3 minutes.

While the oatmeal is in the microwave, cut up the apple. I like to cut it in small pieces. As soon as the oatmeal is done, stir through the apple so it becomes a little bit soft. You could probably also add in the apple before putting it in the microwave, but I haven't tried that yet.

I usually put in about half the apple and eat up the other half next to it, but you can add in as much as you like. Add in the raisins, give everything a nice stir and enjoy the best breakfast ever!

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment