Healthy Nutella


I am one of those kids who grew up with Nutella. My dad is the biggest Nutella fan I know and he passed his love onto me. As a child, it was the only thing I would ever eat on my bread. Every single day, I had bread with Nutella for lunch. And man, is it good! There is only one thing. One of the main ingredients in Nutella is sugar. Sugar that does nothing good for your body. So I started moderating my use of Nutella.

Nowadays, Nutella is a real treat for me. Which is a nice change, after all of those years! But I still crave it quite often, so when I bumped into a healthy Nutella, my inner sweet monster took over. My inner healthy sweet monster. I cannot even tell you how happy I was. I know that some people will probably not like it, just because it's healthy, but come on: healthy Nutella means more Nutella means happy me. So yes, quite convincing.


As you can tell, mine has some chunks in it. I decided to not fully ground them, but if you prefer the Nutella consistency you perfectly can. I must admit, mine didn't taste exactly like Nutella, but it was pretty damn delicious anyway. Perfect enough to be a substitute.

Ingredients
for 2 jars, recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie
  • 240 grams (2 cups) hazelnuts
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 30 grams (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
  • 75 grams agave syrup/maple syrup/xylitol
  • 1 packet stevia (or 1 more tablespoon agave or maple)
  • 125 ml (1/2 cup) milk of choice
If your hazelnuts still have skins, roast them at 200°C/400°F for 6-8 minutes. Rub them in a paper towel to get the skins off.

In a food processor, grind the hazelnuts until they are completely fine and if you like it to be a Nutella-consistency, grind until it's buttery. Add in the other ingredients and keep blending. I transfered the ground up hazelnuts to a bowl since my food processor and added in the ingredients manually. Worked like a charm!

Transfer the Nutella to some jars and eat it up right away. Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment