Almond Maple Granola


I actually made this granola with the intention to eat it with yogurt, for breakfast or so. Well.. It never even made it close to the yogurt. Yup, I ate it all with a spoon! Spread over several days, that is, but still. I ate it as a night snack and it was so utterly delicious that I want to make new granola now.


I do admit that I have a weird relationship with maple syrup. Let's just call it addicted, because there is no other way I can describe it. I recently bought a huge jar of maple syrup and it's my favourite item in the fridge! The combination of maple and almond is extremely delicious, they pair perfectly. I also really like crunchy granola, definitely as a topping on yogurt (or on a spoon).


This recipe comes from Elle Fowler (Allthatglitters21 on Youtube), so all credits go to her. The only reason why I'm featuring it on here, is because I think a lot of people don't know her and don't know this amazing recipe! And you know me, always being generous and sharing things with you. Actually I just don't want to be the only one eating this all with a spoon. But well!

Ingredients
For approximately 5 portions - recipe from Allthatglitters21
  • 100 grams (1 1/4 cup) oats
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons honey (or more maple syrup)
  • 60 grams (1/4 cup) creamy almond butter
  • 2 tablespoons flax seed
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • optional: raisins or dried fruit of choice
Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F. Mix honey, maple syrup and almond butter. Microwave this for 20 seconds, until it is warm and fluid. Add vanilla, cinnamond and flax seeds and stir through thoroughly.

Pour into a mixing bowl and start adding the oats slowly, in several parts. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour the granola mix in a thin layer. Bake 8 minutes.

Break up the pieces and flip them so they cook evenly. Add dried fruit if you want. Bake for another 5 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment