Purple Berry Muffins


The sun is shining and the temperature is rising and when that happens, I know my beloved berries are here again. I snack on red fruit all day in the summer, it's a perfect sweet treat. I felt like eating muffins and cupcakes, so I decided to add some of that red fruit!


These muffins are very healthy, since they are made with ingredients that are all good for you. Actually, now I think about it: it's just yogurt with oats and fruit, which I sometimes eat for breakfast. That means perfect breakfast muffins! If you like, you can also go crazy on toppings. I just added some oats because we didn't have a lot lying around, but some sliced almonds or coconut powder would be beautiful on them. Let your mind be crazy!


You don't need a lot or hard to find ingredients, so these are great to whip up anytime! I just love the burst berries.. They give so much flavour to the muffin and make it look beautiful! You could also make this as a cake. Bake it a little longer then, 30 minutes at 175° and 5 tot 10 more minutes at 160.

Ingredients
for approximately 9 muffins
  • 100 grams oats
  • 1 banana
  • 150 grams (fat-free) Greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons flax seed
  • 1 tablespoon honey or agave
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 110 grams red fruit
  • optional: 30 grams nuts, 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds, 2 tablespoons coconut, ...
Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F. Blend oats until it has the consistency of a powder (or a flour). Mash the banana and add it to the oats. Add in the yogurt, flax seed, baking powder and honey (or agave).

Keep stirring the batter until smooth and carefully fold through the berries. Pour the mixture in a cake mould or line a muffin tray with liners. I recommend using silicone ones, because paper liners may stick to the cake.

Top with the crumbled nuts, sunflower seeds, coconut, ... Whatever you like. I added some oats.

Put in the oven for 20 minutes. Decrease to 160°C/320°F and leave them in for 5 minutes more. Let cool completely (or the fruit will burn your mouth) and enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment