Easy Peasy Apple Pie


Back in March, I promised to post all of the recipes I tried for my birthday. I made 3 things, of which you have already seen the apple yogurt cake and the rhubarb & strawberry crumble, so now it is time for the last recipe: apple pie!

I know, I know, what a surprise! But well, it was my birthday so I got to choose what to make. And no one complained about it! This apple pie is so easy to make that it almost isn't worth sharing. It is perfect when you have sudden visitors and want to impress them with your baking skills, without spending the entire day in the kitchen.


The secret? Store bought pastry. Believe me, it brightens up your day. And although it might not be as good as homemade dough, it sure as hell saves me a lot of time. And this pie is so perfect, no one will even notice! I accidently bought puff pastry - which was delicious - but the orginial recipe calls for crump pastry. I must say that would have probably been even better... If that is possible!

Ingredients
for 8 people
  • 2 packets puff pastry or crumb pastry (the large, round ones)
  • 50 grams butter
  • 6 apples
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 4 tablespoons brown sugar
  • zest from 1 lemon
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons cane sugar
Grease a large round baking mould and line with 1 piece of puff/crumb pastry. Core the apples and cut in squares. You could peel them if you want to. Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.

Melt the butter in a large pan. Bake the apples for about 5 minutes, until they start becoming soft. Add the cinnamon, brown sugar and lemon zest and mix.

Pour this mixture into the baking mould and cover with the second sheet of pastry. Fold together the sides. Spread the egg over the dough so it will be nice and golden. Add the cane sugar for a nice finish.

Make a star shape (or a flower, or anything you like) with a kitchen knife. Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes. Let cool for a couple of minutes, but serve warm - with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment