Healthy Coconut Cookies


I've told you before that Instagram has become an obsession for me. I don't know what pictures normal people see, but my Instagram is filled with pictures of food! A little bit obsessed maybe? One of my favourites is Clean Eats Charlotte, a beautiful British girl with the most mouth wathering pictures! When I bumped into these vegan coconut cookies from her, I just knew I had to make them.


Summer is coming and my exams are right in my face, so I'm all for easy, quick and healthy treats right now! As you know, I have a massive sweet tooth and these cookies work out perfectly for that. I was scared they would turn out too sweet, but once they were baked they were perfect! Even my mom didn't think they were too sweet, and she easily finds something too sweet.


These cookies are also vegan! I don't eat vegan so I don't really care, but if you do, these are perfect! They slightly remind me of coconut rochers, but just a little bit different. I added in some raisins which were definitely a nice addition. Personally, I think some chocolate chips would be wonderful too!

Ingredients
for approximately 20 cookies, recipe from Clean Eats Charlotte
  • 90 grams (1 cup) rolled oats
  • 90 grams (1 cup) dessicated/shredded coconut
  • 100 grams ground almonds
  • 105 grams (1/2 cup) coconut oil, melted
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon maca, optional
  • 3 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons agave
Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F. Combine the dry ingredients and mix well.

Add in the wet ingredients and mix everything very thoroughly. If you like, add in some raisins or chocolate chips.

By using 2 spoons, make cookie shapes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake for 11 - 15 minutes and let cool for 15 minutes. This is how they will harden. Enjoy!

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment