ANTWERP | Sébastien


I know, I know. It's been a shamingly long time since I put another hotspot online. I already see you looking at me with a disapproving look on your face. Honestly? I don't have a legit excuse. I do have a crappy one, which is that I always find it uncomfortable to take a lot of pictures when you're eating somewhere. But hey, I also do it when I travel, so why do I think it's weird in my own town? With that motivation, I took my camera with me for my lunch yesterday!





Sébastien is rather new to the Antwerp lunch scene. It's located at the Meirbrug, right in front of the Boerentoren. Perfect for a shopping break (or in between classes like in my case, but that's not as exciting). Why should you go there? For a number of reasons. First: I love the vibe! They mainly used wood and white and they managed to make it look both cosy and trendy. The spaces are limited, so you might want to check to be sure you have a seat. Second: their food! They offer salads, sandwiches, focaccias, soup, pastries, yoghurt and more. I had a hard time choosing what I wanted. They often have the same combinations, but there's a good reason for that: everything is freshly prepared in the huge kitchen on the first floor.




They pack everything so it's perfect for take-away too, but I ate my lunch there. You still eat it straight out of the package, just as you would when you take it out, but that doesn't bother me. I have to say: it was delicious! I had a focaccia with hummus, mozzarella and tomato. It is a unique combination (they usually serve pesto with it), but I enjoyed it! I love trying new combinations. I was really eyeing the yoghurt with fruit & muesli as well, but I was so full after my focaccia that I decided to come back for it another time. How delicious does it look though?

























Three: coffee. I'm a huge fan of coffee, although I must admit I'm a fake coffee lover. I honestly only like lattes. I know, it's a sin for die hard coffee lovers, but I really can't stand the taste of a cup of regular coffee. Luckily for me, they had a big variety of lattes. I almost wanted to take the apple & cinnamon latte, but went with the caramel café noir latte instead. Oh boy, I definitely made the right choice on that one. It's a latte with caramel sauce, whipped cream, crumbled café noir cookies and some more caramel sauce on top. No wonder I was so full ;). They also have hot chocolates, regular coffees, teas and a big variety of cold drinks to choose from.



If you haven't noticed already: I love Sébastien. Their prices are very reasonable as well (I paid 9 euros total) and their food is really good! They have a lot of healthy options, which is definitely amazing if you are looking for something to take out. I'm sure this spot is here to stay!

Sébastien, Eiermarkt 46, 2000 Antwerp.

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment