Maple Almond Cookies


A couple of months ago, I posted a recipe for maple almond granola. Now if you haven't tried that yet, I advise you to do so as soon as you can, because it is delicious! Guess what I found now? Maple almond cookies. Yup, that's right. It's like the granola, but even better, because you can eat it at any time of the day.




The best thing about these cookies is that they're crisp on the outside & chewy on the inside. Oh, and that they're really easy to make! If you have never tried almond butter before, I strongly advise you to try it out. I'm not really a peanut butter fan, but I'm in love with almond butter. It's so much better! In Belgium, it can be a little tricky to find. I purchased mine here, it's way cheaper than in supermarkets. And honestly, it's delicious with everything! I love eating it as a spread on corn waffles & it's perfect to use for baking.


This recipe is from Simply Taralynn, a girl I love! She creates the most lovely recipes and most of them are easy to make as well. Now that's something I like. There are a thousand things I could say about these cookies. They're crisp and chewy at the same time, they taste like heaven exploded in your mouth and they're just perfect for when you're a little hungry. But the only way you can actually find out about this for yourself is by making them, so what are you waiting for?? GO!

Ingredients
for approximately 18 cookies, recipe from Simply Taralynn

  • 135 grams (1 1/2 cup) oats
  • 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) almond butter
  • 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) maple syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
  • if necessary, some oat to make everything stick together

Preheat your oven to 175°C/350°F. In a bowl, mix the egg, vanilla extract, maple syrup, baking soda and oats.

Mix in the almond butter and add in some flour if necessary. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and make tablespoon sized cookies.

Bake them for 6-8 minutes and let cool. Enjoy!




Share this:

, , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment