Adidas x Pharell Williams Supercolor


Last Friday, Adidas launched the Supercolor collection that was designed by Pharell Williams. If you have been living under a rock the past couple of months, I'll tell you: Pharell worked his magic on the very famous Superstar shoes and designed a collection that consists of 50 colours. Yup, that's right! One model, available in 50 colours.



Why? Pharell: "Supercolor is a celebration of equality through diversity. It is more diverse than any pack ever before and therefore it is more individual than any pack ever before." Equality has a prominent place in the collection, he even made sure that the word was printed on the side of every single shoe. He designed 50 colours to choose from, from neon orange to navy blue. Only 11 of them are available in Europe, but luckily it's a broad variety of colours.


I liked them the moment I saw them, but I wasn't extremely impressed until I saw that one of my Facebook friends was attending the launch in Monar & Clothes. Without giving it much thought, I clicked 'attending' as well. It was only when I saw Belgian bloggers wearing the shoes, that I actually became really interested. These shoes are fun! As soon as I saw which colours were available, I fell for the red ones. Flashy, but not too extravagant.


There were only 70 pairs available at Monar & Clothes, so I knew I had to be quick. With some nerves, I went to the launch on Friday morning. Guess what? They didn't have the red ones! Luckily there's an Adidas store a block away, so I quickly speedwalked there to see if they still had the red ones. And you already know the end of the story: I have a new pair of sneakers! I honestly love these.  For most people, it's either a hit or a miss. My sister thinks they're as ugly as can be ("why didn't you take the gray ones?" - what a question!) and my dad really liked them!


Pharell definitely thought about the details. I already said 'equality' was printed on the side of the shoe and the laces have short sentences on them, as you can see above! I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the shoe, but it is very colourful and has a map of foot reflexology on it. Apparantly, every pressure point targets a different part of your body and they were all mapped out inside. How awesome is he? Please let me know what you think of my new babies, as I'm very interested in everyone's opinion!

The Adidas x Pharell Williams Supercolor shoes cost 95 euros and are available in Adidas stores and online.

Share this:

, , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment