Healthy Brownies


Here I am again with my healthy brownies! My avocado brownies were quite a success, which challenged me to try more crazy recipes. I finally bought a smartphone a couple of weeks ago, so I immediately installed Instagram - of course. And there I found these brownies, who contain a rather strange ingredient...


Instagram is already bad for me. It's so addicting! I fall in love with all of the beautiful pictures I see. Needless to say, most of them contain food. I follow quite some healthy eating accounts, which really help me to keep eating clean! So when I saw white bean brownies that looked delicious, I had to try them.


Say what? White beans? I know a lot of people will be scared of this, but don't be! You cannot taste it at all (I hate white beans), it just adds texture. All of the ingredients in these brownies are good for you, so there is no need to feel guilty while eating them. Just take another one!

crumbs!

I found them to be chocolatey enough, but my dad said they weren't like 'real brownies'. Well, that's true, these aren't as heavy as regular ones. I don't mind because I prefer them to be a little ligther, but if you do want that you could always add some chocolate chips or melt some chocolate.

Ingredients
for 12 - 15 brownies
  • 250 grams canned white beans, washed
  • 1 small, ripe banana
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 2 - 3 tablespoons honey or agave
  • 2 tablespoon ground nuts (like almond meal, I used ground hazelnuts. You could use gluten-free flour too!)
Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F. Mash the banana and the beans and mix until all the chunks have disappeared.

Stir through the eggs, honey, baking powder, cocoa and ground nuts and mix very well, until chunk free. If you like, add in extra spice, nuts or fruit.

Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. The original recipe called for 50 minutes, so it might depend on your oven and the mould you use. Let cool and enjoy!

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment