Honey Glazed Almonds


Ever since I started eating healthier and definitely since I've become a vegetarian, I started eating more nuts. Cashews, brazil nuts, pine nuts, .. But almonds are definitely my favourite! I am obsessed with roasted almonds, who are just a little more crunchy and better than regular ones. But today I would like to present you a sweet version: honey glazed almonds!

They are very tempting, because they are so smell and look so delicious. I really cannot resist the sugar that is sprinkled over them! You could also sprinkle them with stevia, but I love the extra crunch that cane sugar gives. And who doesn't love sugar?


I am usually not really a fan of honey, but the taste in this is not too overpowering. It gives the almonds a sticky coat, to make sure the sugar doesn't fall off. Normally this recipe makes 2 servings, but don't be ashamed if you eat it all in one day. I sure as hell did!

Ingredients
for 2 servings, recipe from Tone It Up
  • 85 grams (1/2 cup) whole almonds
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 2 teaspoons cane sugar or stevia
Preheat the oven to oven to 175°C/350°F and place the almonds on a baking sheet to roast for 10 minutes.

Heat up the honey and the water on medium heat. Add the almonds for 5 minutes and stir everything through nicely.

Lay the almonds on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with the stevia or the sugar. Let everything cool and enjoy!

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment