Rhubarb & Strawberry Crumble


As I said last week, I'm going to share all of my birthday party desserts with you. I kicked it off with apple yogurt cake and this week I'll show you how to make this delicious crumble! This recipe comes from het Voedselzandloper Kookboek, which is made by an amazing blogger I follow.


I've learned eating rhubarb at my grandparents. My grandma had it in her garden and we used to eat it dipped into white sugar. Delicious! We still had some rhubarb in our freezer when I was looking for a recipe, so it was an easy choice. If you really don't like rhubarb, you could use more strawberries, but everyone loved the combination.


The crust is a lot healthier than a regular crumb crust, since it's made with almond meal and almond flakes. I didn't have enough almond flakes, so I added in some oats which was nice! The flakes make it very crunchy and the almond taste pairs perfectly with the fruit! I only used a tiny amount of stevia, but you could add more or add some sugar if you want a very sweet one.

Ingredients
for 4 individual servings - recipe from Het Voedselzandloper Kookboek by Pauline Weuringen
  • 100 grams strawberries
  • 2 rhubarb stalks
  • 60 grams almond flakes
  • 50 grams almond meal
  • 2 tablespoons apple juice
  • 1 teaspoon stevia
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.

Wash the rhubarb and cut in 1 cm long pieces. Wash the strawberries and cut them into small pieces. Mix both and if you like it sweet, you can add some stevia/sugar.

Divide the fruitmixture over 4 ramekins.

In another bowl, mix together the almond meal with the almond flakes, the oil, the olive juice and the stevia. Mix very well and divide over the fruit.

Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Serve warm (with a dollop of whipped cream).

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment